[cfarm-users] Modern GCC for mips64 machines

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 14:15:07 CEST 2018

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:31 PM Zach van Rijn <me at zv.io> wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-10-18 at 19:29 -0400, Jeffrey Walton via cfarm-
> users wrote:
> > I'm interested in testing a build under a more modern GCC
> > built on mips64.
>
> If you have any interest in trying out pre-built toolchains,
> which you can use out of your home directory, there are a few
> available (including MIPS64) here, for GCC 8.2.0, 7.3.0, and
> 6.4.0 (the latter are linked toward the bottom of the page):

OK, thanks. So I was able to compile using the instruction but the
resulting program is a dud:

    $ ./test.exe
    -bash: ./test.exe: No such file or directory

The file is present, its executable, its mips64, etc.

Running with LD_DEBUG=all it looks like binaries from different
runtimes are being used together. For example, the first linked
library loaded is libtinfo and it was built with a different runtime.
This is not surprising and probably causing the unusual result. I
think this is probably a dead end.

Let me send a request to cfarm-admins to see if someone who is
experienced has time to build a compiler.

Thanks again for the help.

Jeff