[cfarm-users] having a bit of trouble with getting into the new netbsd and freebsd virtual machines

CM Graff cm0graff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 03:26:19 CEST 2018

Hey again everyone!

I got into the NetBSD VM and am working on NetBSD support for hlibc.
This is just a fairly naive trial run using the syscall numbers from
freebsd's syscall.master. Something is a bit odd, as if NetBSD needs
ELF or some type of linux emulation layer. Here is what I got:

gcc300$ ./usr/bin/compiler ../some.c
cc = + exec gcc -fno-pie -fno-stack-protector -static '-D_GNU_SOURCE'
'../some.c' -specs '/home/cgraff1/hlibc/usr/lib/gcc-wrap.specs'
gcc300$ ./a.out
-sh: Cannot execute ELF binary ./a.out

I am not sure that we should contaminate the NetBSD VM with different
compat layers. I can try doing a NetBSD "build.sh" within my /home and
then rearrange the PATHs. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Graff