[cfarm-users] gcc110 /home is now 98% full

Martin Jambor mjambor at suse.cz
Thu Mar 7 18:46:27 CET 2024

On Thu, Mar 07 2024, Zach van Rijn via cfarm-users wrote:
> On Thu, 2024-03-07 at 10:32 +0100, Martin Guy via cfarm-users
> wrote:
>> Il 06/03/24 20:31, Zach van Rijn via cfarm-users ha scritto:
>> > On Wed, 2024-03-06 at 13:27 -0500, Sean McGovern via cfarm-
>> > users
>> > wrote:
>> > I did a quick check, but did not log in as root
>>
>> So he's the only big user who isn't hiding anything :)
>
> Top 25 account for 1.0TB, top 50 account for 1.3TB, and the rest
> account for 0.2TB. Data current as of this message.

[...]

> 17G     marxin

Sadly, I think this home can be purged - though checking that it does
not contain any file younger than six months before doing that might be
the proper thing to do.

Which might be the right general rule to do in general.  Something like:
"If your home does not contain a file younger than 6 (or 9?) months, its
contents can be purged in its entirety by admins if disk ever runs low
on a machine.  The bigger the home, the bigger likelihood this will
happen."

Or something like that.  Nobody should have un-backuped stuff on compile
farm machines for months anyway.

Martin