[cfarm-users] cfarm105/cfarm106 planned upgrade July 28th

Zach van Rijn me at zv.io
Sat Jul 29 00:04:07 CEST 2023

 ---- On Thu, 27 Jul 2023 13:52:58 -0500  Zach van Rijn via cfarm-users  wrote ---
 > I am planning to upgrade the memory in cfarm105/cfarm106
 > tomorrow (32 --> 64 GB each), at approximately 20:00 UTC.
 >
 > If successful, expected downtime is 30 minutes. Otherwise I will
 > revert the change and it should be back online within an hour.

With the new memory installed, only half was usable because one DIMM was not working.

I re-seated and swapped things around, same problem.

I installed the old memory, same problem (says it's the same slots failing).

This suggests one or two of the memory riser boards has failed or I broke them.

I have several spares (from the T3-2) that I think will work and will try them tomorrow.

Zach