[cfarm-users] Two problems on the gcc119 machine

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 21:01:59 CEST 2022

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 2:43 PM Paul H. Hargrove via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:

> Regarding `vi`, you may wish to try setting environment variable `TMPDIR=/tmp` or `TMPDIR=$HOME`.

/tmp is sometimes off-limits to users. I think TMPDIR=$HOME/tmp would
probably be the best choice. I started using $HOME/tmp in my scripts
after I encountered a read-only partition that we could usually write
to in other environments.

> While I've not tested gcc119 specifically, this is usually the right way to control the location used for temporary files.
> Of course, given that this is AIX, YMMV.

Jeff