[cfarm-users] Missing "make" on gcc210 or gcc211.fsffrance.org / or wrong autoconf - any idea?

Bruno Haible bruno at clisp.org
Sat Oct 29 13:00:27 CEST 2022

Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> May be that this is a bug of autoconf.

AC_PROG_MAKE_SET, as documented [1], uses $MAKE if set or else ‘make’.

I think that's good enough, because ultimately it is the user's responsibility
to make sure that $PATH and other environment variables are set appropriately.

If neither $MAKE is set nor ‘make’ is found, AC_PROG_MAKE_SET _could_ be made
to search around for other names (gmake and others). But given that it is a
rare occurrence, I don't think it is important.

Bruno

[1] https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.71/html_node/Output.html