[cfarm-users] New OS requirements on the farm?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Apr 8 09:53:12 CEST 2022

Hi all,

> What OS would be useful to add to the farm?  We will most likely
> provide Debian and CentOS, but are there other needs not well covered
> by the farm?

If that's feasible, could Debian GNU/Hurd and Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
operating systems be provided?

> Also, it would be useful to know if you need a particular OS only for
> lightweight tasks, or rather for heavy building/testing of big
> projects.

I would first like to thank all of your efforts in providing the GCC
Compile Farm and keeping it alive.  That's greatly appreciated!
I'm using it to test the builds of InterNetNews, a news server (NNTP),
and best ensure its portability across various platforms.
I've noted a few tests that fail in the build logs of Debian packages
for GNU/Hurd and GNU/kFreeBSD, but I cannot investigate them.  That's
why I suggest these environments for the GCC Compile Farm.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Tant qu'il y a des marmites, il y a de l'espoir ! » (Astérix)