[cfarm-users] New OS requirements on the farm?

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 09:09:04 CEST 2022

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022, 06:32 Christian Jullien via cfarm-users, <
cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:

> First of all, I would like to send VERY BIG thanks to people giving us
> access to this large collection of machines.
>
> I personally do very lightweight tasks testing tcc C compiler on the
> different architectures it supports.
> I especially appreciate a machine with the very last gcc version. This
> allows to find possible new warnings/errors it can detect.

That's a moving target though. The latest version will be outdated every
year (more often if you count minor releases).

It's probably better to install (and regularly update) a package like
https://jwakely.github.io/pkg-gcc-latest/ or just manually install a recent
GCC into /opt/cfarm (which is easy, and anybody can do).