[cfarm-users] [cfarm-announces] New Apple Mac M1 machine (gcc304)

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 07:25:03 CET 2021

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 5:54 PM CFarm Annoucements via cfarm-announces
<cfarm-announces at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:

> We are happy to announce the availability of a new MiniMac M1 (with
> Apple-Silicon arm64 cpu architecture).
>
> The machine is running OS X in a default configuration, please read the
> login message carefully for guidance.
>
> You can connect over SSH at gcc304.fsffrance.org using custom SSH port 2409.
> See https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/machines/list/ for details.
>
> Disk space on this machine is tight. Please remember to clean up unused
> build trees before you log out.
>
> Hosting is provided by House Gordon Software Company LTD in Calgary,
> Canada, many thanks to them!
>
> We are always looking for more machines to expand the farm, don't hesitate
> to get in touch if you are able to provide (and host) interesting
> hardware.

That's a nice addition to the compile farm. Thanks for providing it.

For those who are not aware, it is an AMRv8.2-a machine. It has cpu
extensions like SHA512 and SHA3:

% sysctl -a | grep brand
machdep.cpu.brand_string: Apple M1

and: