[cfarm-users] Cross toolchains for sparc64 (Solaris and Linux) hosts targeting Linux and Windows

Zach van Rijn me at zv.io
Mon Apr 20 15:07:50 CEST 2020

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of sparc64-hosted (both
Solaris and Linux) cross toolchains targeting Linux (musl libc)
and Windows (via MinGW-W64).

Linux targets include several flavors of: ARM, Motorola 68000,
MIPS, OpenRISC, PowerPC, RISC-V, S/390, SuperH, and x86-based;
includes kernel headers. Windows targets are i686 and x86_64.

Pre-built binaries and scripts used to reproduce them can be
downloaded below. They have been spot-checked on:

  * GCC 202 (sparc64 Linux)
  * GCC 210 (sparc64 Solaris 10)
  * GCC 211 (sparc64 Solaris 11)
  * Solaris 11 and Debian machines

Download pre-built toolchain binaries which will run on <HOST>:

  * Solaris [0]
    -------
    https://sun.musl.cc/                           <-- latest
    https://dwarf.musl.cc/                         <-- archives

  * Linux [1]
    -----
    https://more.musl.cc/sparc64-linux-musl/       <-- latest
    https://more.musl.cc/9.3.0/sparc64-linux-musl/ <-- versioned

The build environment was constructed using this script, which is
sufficient to obtain a "modern" GCC and associated tooling with
one click, so native Solaris and Linux binaries are omitted:

    https://git.zv.io/toolchains/bootstrap

    rev. 4559c0fffc38a2d39ac8fdc29036f3022372f1e7

The cross toolchains were built using these scripts:

    https://git.zv.io/toolchains/musl-cross-make
    https://git.zv.io/toolchains/mingw-cross-make

The configuration files used by those scripts, respectively (to
reproduce, save as 'config.mak' and then follow the README):

  * Solaris
    -------
    https://conf.musl.cc/solaris_20200416_9-3-0.txt
    https://conf.musl.cc/solaris_20200416_9-3-0_win32.txt [2]

  * Linux
    -----
    https://conf.musl.cc/plain_20200312_9-3-0.txt
    https://conf.musl.cc/mingw_20200312_9-3-0_win32.txt

Finally, a native sparc64 musl port is in progress. Corresponding
toolchains and source code will be made available in due course.

Updates and other toolchains are posted to the musl.cc homepage.
This message is to announce a small piece of a larger project.

Please report any issues not pertaining to cfarm to me off-list.

ZV

[0]: These may also run on Solaris 7 and possibly down to 2.5? I
cannot test or confirm this yet.

[1]: Linux binaries are statically-linked with GNU libc and
should run on modern kernels. We expect this to switch to musl.

[2]: Currently in testing. Not yet ready to publish.