[cfarm-users] gcc220 upgrade to OpenBSD 6.5?

Assaf Gordon assafgordon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 23:17:10 CEST 2019

Hello Thomas,

On 2019-07-03 2:58 p.m., tkoenig--- via cfarm-users wrote:
>> You can use also "sha512 -r file" which has the same output as
>> sha512sum.
>
> Thanks for the tip, but rather than edit a script by hand
> (not knowing what I exactly what I am doing) I think I will
> simply wait until these packages are installed.

You can download the pre-compiled coreutils package as a non-root user,
and just put it in your path.
The following works on gcc220:

   mkdir coreutils-8.30
   cd coreutils-8.30
   wget
https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.4/packages/amd64/coreutils-8.30.tgz
   tar -xzf coreutils-8.30.tgz
   cd bin/
   ## rename to discard the "g" prefix
   for i in g* ; do mv $i ${i#g} ; done

Now add it to your path:

    export PATH=$HOME/coreutils-8.30/bin:$PATH

This is not a great permanent solution, but will work in a pinch.