[cfarm-users] gcc220 upgrade to OpenBSD 6.5?

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 23:12:43 CEST 2019

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 22:00, tkoenig--- via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:

> > You can use also "sha512 -r file" which has the same output as
> > sha512sum.
>
> Thanks for the tip, but rather than edit a script by hand
> (not knowing what I exactly what I am doing) I think I will
> simply wait until these packages are installed.

I think the right thing to do is edit the script (and commit it).

The script already has:

case $OS in
  "Darwin"|"FreeBSD"|"DragonFly")
    chksum='shasum -a 512 --check'
  ;;
  *)
    chksum='sha512sum -c'
  ;;
esac

I think it should also use the native shasum on OpenBSD, rather than
requiring GNU utilities to be installed.