[cfarm-users] What hardware in GCC22

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 13:49:54 CEST 2018

Hi Everyone,

https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/machines/list/ says GCC22 to GCC24 is
mips64. The cpuinfo is below from GCC23. I can't tell if this machine
has MIPS SIMD Architecture (MSA) extensions.

I know the Cavium Octeon II/CN6120 should lead me to a spec sheet but
I am having trouble finding the information. I think the mips64r2
implies MSA but I could be mistaken.

Does the Octeon II/CN6120 have MSA? If not, then what should I be
looking for when reading through marketing material and technical
descriptions?

Thanks

+++++++++++
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type             : UBNT_E200 (CN6120p1.1-1000-NSP)
machine                 : Unknown
processor               : 0
cpu model               : Cavium Octeon II V0.1
BogoMIPS                : 2000.00
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
tlb_entries             : 128
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 2, address/irw mask: [0x0ffc, 0x0ffb]
isa                     : mips1 mips2 mips3 mips4 mips5 mips64r2
ASEs implemented        :
shadow register sets    : 1
kscratch registers      : 3
core                    : 0
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

processor               : 1
cpu model               : Cavium Octeon II V0.1
BogoMIPS                : 2000.00
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
tlb_entries             : 128
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 2, address/irw mask: [0x0ffc, 0x0ffb]
isa                     : mips1 mips2 mips3 mips4 mips5 mips64r2
ASEs implemented        :
shadow register sets    : 1
kscratch registers      : 3
core                    : 1