[cfarm-users] Is it possible to get an x86_64 or aarch64 machine running AIX?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 11:40:38 CEST 2018

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 12:28 AM CM Graff via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:
> So my question is this: Is it possible to have a virtual machine (or
> maybe even real hardware) running AIX on x86_64 at the farm? hlibc
> also supports arm v7, aarch64 and i386. so I'd be interested in any of
> these. Perhaps out of that list aarch64 and x86_64 would be more
> useful though.

I might be mis-parsing things, but why try to emulate when you have
real hardware?

The farm has GCC112 and GCC119, which are POWER8. GCC112 is Linux
(little-endian), and GCC119 is AIX (big-endian). There are some POWER7
machines also but I don't usually use them.

The farm also has GCC117 and GCC118. The are Aarch64 machines with
ARMv8.1, and they have the crypto extensions. There are some Mustang
boards that are AArch64, but they lack the crypto extensions.

Also see https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/machines/list/ .

Jeff