[cfarm-users] Is it possible to get an x86_64 or aarch64 machine running AIX?

CM Graff cm0graff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 06:26:59 CEST 2018

Hey everybody!

I am working on porting hlibc to various operating systems and am
starting to work a little with AIX. Sadly though, hlibc does not have
any assembly code for powerpc and I am not sure I am up to learning
powerpc assembly in the 1 week I have before the semester starts back
up and I am back to working on my mathematics degree.

So my question is this: Is it possible to have a virtual machine (or
maybe even real hardware) running AIX on x86_64 at the farm? hlibc
also supports arm v7, aarch64 and i386. so I'd be interested in any of
these. Perhaps out of that list aarch64 and x86_64 would be more
useful though.

In the long term I will work at learning powerpc assembly and writing
some new C run time (crt1.s/crti.s/crto.s) for hlibc. So if no one
else is interested in this I can put AIX support on hold until I have
time to pursue this other avenue.

Thanks you guys!!!

Graff