[cfarm-users] having a bit of trouble with getting into the new netbsd and freebsd virtual machines

CM Graff cm0graff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 06:01:41 CEST 2018

Hey Assaf and everyone!

I did discover a few things.

gcc300$ echo "int x = 0;" > example.c
gcc300$ cc --freestanding -nostdlib -static example.c
ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 0000000000400078
gcc300$ ./a.out
-sh: Cannot execute ELF binary ./a.out

Making this simple freestanding binary results in the same issue.

When doing the same on my linux box, the a.out runs and the binary
simply segfaults (but does run!).

I did try the new clang package and it results in the same issue.
Thank you for installing that Assaf! It will come in handy quite soon.

I'll take some of these questions to the netbsd developers and try to
get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again!

Graff