[cfarm-users] About incoming tcp for a buildbot for the Stellarium.org project

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sat Jan 6 18:24:09 CET 2018

Hi,

On 06-01-18, Hans via cfarm-users wrote:
> It seems most (all?) cfarm machines no longer allow incoming tcp connections
> (other than tcp/22 ;-) .

And TCP/443 too, for most of them :)

> For the http://stellarium.org/ project I want to host a buildbot master that
> needs two incoming tcp connections, as well as 1 outgoing tcp connection. I ran
> this for years on gcc14 and gcc10. gcc10 is down (see my other mail) but gcc14
> (and gcc21 and gcc76 where I tried this) seem to not allow incoming to tcp/8010 .
>
> Is this a new policy ? If so can we perhaps define a port range where we can
> host things like a buildbot master ?

Unfortunately, some of our hosts have firewall policies that we must
mostly cope with.

Your best bet would be to use a machine hosted by tetaneutral.net, where
there is no firewall at all.  But gcc67/68 are currently down while the
new Ryzen CPUs come back from RMA (see Aymeric's email), so you could use
gcc45 instead.

Baptiste