[cfarm-users] Looking for the latest GCC for PowerPC

CM Graff cm0graff at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 05:14:31 CET 2018

Hey everyone,

To throw in my two cents, I've built hundreds of thousands of
toolchains (automatically tested and deployed) and came up with this:

There are three types of toolchains:
    1> those that are specifically built for the distribution by its vendors
    2> those that are built by (1>) for research or upstream options
    3> those that are custom and standalone with the hopes of becoming
a formula for (1>)

The only way to truly have a compiler/toolchain that is demonstrative
of the key properties which need to be observed is to have the
compiler/toolchain tested by thousands and thousands of people and
eventually proven to be the best arrangement with which to build the
next release of the given distribution. Ergo, the compiler should be
able to rebuild itself with the hopes of becoming the status quo
default setup for the distribution it is relevant to and intended to
be ran on.

That being said, (2>) is not a bad option. But building a false status
quo (alternative hypothesis) that is not demonstrative of the future
distribution and the mass bulk of its users (which is option (3>)) is
only good, for the most part, in so much that the research again,
leads back to (1>).

Graff

May there be peace and love for all of the peoples of the sacred earth
such that we can study mathematics and science as one.