[cfarm-users] Looking for the latest GCC for PowerPC

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Dec 6 18:02:40 CET 2018

On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 02:35:44AM -0500, Jeffrey Walton via cfarm-users wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm looking for the latest GCC for PowerPC. I think I need something
> from this week or last week.
>
> GCC135 has "gcc version 8.2.1 20180813" but I am looking for something
> newer. The other PowerPCs seem to be older, like GCC 6.2 or 8.2.0.
>
> Does anyone know where to find the latest GCC?

You can just do

$ $HOME/src/gcc/configure --prefix=$HOME/$WHEREVER --enable-languages=all
$ nice make -j99
$ make install

and it doesn't take very long, either.  Add options like --with-cpu=power9,
--disable-libgomp, --disable-bootstrap to taste.

Everyone needs slightly different settings, and it is *good* that GCC is
tested with building it in different ways.

Segher