[cfarm-users] Looking for the latest GCC for PowerPC

Zach van Rijn me at zv.io
Thu Dec 6 16:35:25 CET 2018

On Thu, 2018-12-06 at 02:35 -0500, Jeffrey Walton via cfarm-
users wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm looking for the latest GCC for PowerPC. I think I need
> something from this week or last week.
>
> GCC135 has "gcc version 8.2.1 20180813" but I am looking for
> something newer. The other PowerPCs seem to be older, like GCC
> 6.2 or 8.2.0.
>
> Does anyone know where to find the latest GCC?

Are you looking for something like the gcc-8 branch with
backports or the master branch?

I would offer to maintain an "experimental" series of toolchains
if there is agreement as to their utility. Note that they'd be
static and musl-based as that is the plumbing I have in place
already. Excepting build errors, they'd be available in cross-
and native- forms for all of the Linux-based cfarm systems.

If glibc is required, someone will need to volunteer to help me
with that.

Might there be any interest?

> Jeff

ZV