[cfarm-users] gcc111 running AIX wtth gcc-4.8.1 does not have versions of mpfr, mpc of gmp capable of rebuilding gcc-4.8.1

Paul Hargrove phhargrove at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 12 22:30:12 CEST 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:02 PM, CM Graff via cfarm-users <
cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:
[...]

> My toolchain building project grafland/toolchain is a standalone build
> system that can retrieve development headers and do entire
> installations on its own without the proper libraries installed and
> without the additional gcc retrieval scripts, (which have no method of
> checking package security without https which AIX lacks support for in
> its wget) . This nearly exhaustive project was the premise under which
> I was granted permission to use the cfarm.

[...]

I am successfully fetching https URLs with /usr/bin/wget on gcc111.
Can you be more specific about the problem you are seeing?
Most likely the problem is as simple as an out-of-date list of trusted root
certs.

-Paul

Paul H. Hargrove                          PHHargrove at lbl.gov
Computer Languages & Systems Software (CLaSS) Group
Computer Science Department
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory