[cfarm-users] gcc111 running AIX wtth gcc-4.8.1 does not have versions of mpfr, mpc of gmp capable of rebuilding gcc-4.8.1

Paul Hargrove phhargrove at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 12 20:26:53 CEST 2017

For the record there is another (simple) way to satisfy the dependencies:

Between the "cd" and "configure" steps run
"./contrib/download_prerequisites".
One gets the mpfr, gmp and mpc versions that were "blessed" for the given
gcc release.
The configure and build of these packages is then handled transparently.

-Paul

Paul H. Hargrove                          PHHargrove at lbl.gov
Computer Languages & Systems Software (CLaSS) Group
Computer Science Department               Tel: +1-510-495-2352