[cfarm-users] Upgrade status and status on cfarm offline

Martin Jambor mjambor at suse.cz
Mon Aug 21 14:25:45 CEST 2017

Hi,

first and foremost let me add myself to the long list of those
thanking you for your work.

On a more specific topic...

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 10:59:51AM +0200, Aymeric via cfarm-users wrote:

> gcc117 is offline, we are in contact with guys from OSUOSL and trying to
> reach AMD for support, for now the board doesn't boot at all and we have
> no idea when we will be able to bring it online.

I have been involved in AMD donating the boards to the farm and I can
help reaching out to AMD if necessary.  (Similarly, Andreas Schwab
helped the guys at the data center to install openSUSE on it and I am
sure we can ask him to help put again if need be).

And one more thing, when I was installing the same boards here at
SUSE, I found out that it takes really a lot of time (i.e. several
minutes, IIRC) after power-on before they start sending anything to
the serial port.  In fact, I was quite sure the board or my
serial-to-usb was broken myself, until once I left the thing switched
on and left for a coffee break in frustration... only to come up to
the installation screen.

Martin