[cfarm-users] Please install Valgrind on GCC117

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 23:12:10 CEST 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Aymeric via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:
> gcc117 root filesystem is in read-only, need to be rebooted to recover
> (btrfs probably went wrong)
>
> As /home is still available in R/W, if you've data you want to keep,
> please backup them, I will reboot it tomorrow (around 19:00 UTC) during
> the upgrade of gcc12,13 et 14.

Ack, thanks. Bounce it when it is convenient for you. I can always log back in.

You might want to build Valgrind from sources and avoid distro
packages. I have 8 ARM dev boards (including two Aarch64), and there's
almost always VEX problems using prebuilt packages. Every ARM dev
board I have has Valgrind built from sources due to VEX updates
(http://valgrind.org/downloads/repository.html).

If you use the distro package, then some folks may come back in the
future asking for a newer version due to VEX parsing/decoding errors.
You may as well side step it now so its not a problem in the future.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff