[cfarm-users] gcc110 (gcc1-power7) scheduled upgrade August 10

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Aug 11 21:36:56 CEST 2017

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 03:38:09PM -0400, David Edelsohn via cfarm-users wrote:
> gcc110.fsffrance.org (gcc1-power7.osuosl.org) will be upgraded from
> Fedora to current PPC64 CentOS 7 on Thursday, August 10, beginning at
> 1:00 PM PDT.
>
> The intention is to preserve user data mounted in /home and only
> re-install the operating system.
>
> The upgrade should be completed in a few hours, but the system may
> require a number of days to discover and install missing packages,
> etc.

The upgrade was successful.  All user data is preserved.  gcc110 is
running CentOS 7 now.

Thanks to OSU OSL for doing this install (and for the hosting and
everything else)!

David and I have installed various packages, enough for GCC bootstrap
and testing at least; if you find anything missing, please tell us.

Happy hacking,

Segher

p.s.
gcc110 is running a bit low on disk space.  If everyone could please
get rid of old build trees, source trees, and the like, that would
be appreciated!