[technique] [agm at ripe.net: [ncc-announce] [GM] RIPE NCC General Meeting - Final Agenda and Executive Board Candidates Published]

Matthieu Herrb matthieu at herrb.eu
Dim 28 Mai 08:28:57 CEST 2023

On Sat, May 13, 2023 at 10:26:11AM +0200, Matthieu Herrb via technique wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> Je porterai les votes de Tetaneutral.net pour cette AG du RIPE
>
> Si vous souhaitez exprimer un avis sur le vote de l'association j'ai
> créé le pad : https://pad.tetaneutral.net/p/ripe--gm-mai-2023
> pour vous exprimer.
>
> En particulier il y a un vote sur la manière de calculer la cotisation
> au RIPE pour 2024. Il y 4 options possibles.
>
> L'option A introduit un nouveau mode de calcul, dependant du nombre
> d'adresses IPv4 détenues.
> L'option B c'est un prix fixe en augmentation de 10% par rapport à
> 2023
> L'option C c'est un prix fixe en augmentation de 5% par rapport à
> 2023
> L'option D c'est un prix fixe sans changement par rapport à 2023
>
> La difficulté c'est que depuis qu'il n'y a plus d'IPv4, le nombre de
> nouveaux LIR (qui paient en plus 1000 € la première fois) est tombé à
> quasi 0, et que les LIR existants qui peuvent fusionner le font pour
> diminuer leur cotisation.
> Du coup les options D et C signifient une baisse sensible du budget du
> RIPE NCC. Normalement les options A et B sont équivalentes pour le
> RIPE NCC (pas de baisse de leur budget, en prenant en compte
> l'inflation).
>
> La préférence du CA de Tetaneutral.net va à l'option A.
>
> Pour info, on a payé 1839.77 € HT en 2023 (1850 - 10.23 de surplus de
> 2022 redistribué).
>
> L'option A nous met dans la catégorie 2 (on a un /22 IPv4 et un /29
> IPv6) et on arriverait donc à 1300 € HT si je sais compter.
>
> Pour les autres options c'est >= à la cotisation 2023 (je vous laisse
> calculer), mais avec une baisse du budget total du RIPE).

Donc l'AG du RIPE a choisi l'option D (pas de changement). Il risque
d'y avoir des secousses de leur coté (ça ne couvre pas le budget
prévisionnel...).

Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 13:48:04 +0200 (CEST)
From: Hans Petter Holen <hph+announce at ripe.net>
To: ncc-announce at ripe.net
Subject: [ncc-announce] [news] The RIPE NCC General Meeting May 2023

Dear colleagues,

The RIPE NCC General Meeting May 2023 took place from 24-26 May 2023.

A total of 2,366 members cast their votes on six resolutions and in the Executive Board election.

The RIPE NCC membership voted on the following six resolutions:

Resolution 1:

“The General Meeting adopts the RIPE NCC Financial Report 2022.”

The resolution was approved.

Resolution 2:

"The General Meeting discharges the Executive Board with regard to its actions as they appear from the Annual Report 2022 and Financial Report 2022."

The resolution was approved.

Resolution 3:

RIPE NCC Charging Scheme 2024:
The General Meeting adopts the RIPE NCC Charging Scheme 2024 Model D.

Resolution 4:

"In addition to the RIPE NCC Charging Scheme adopted in Resolution 3, the General Meeting adopts an extra charge of EUR 50 per ASN as an integral part of the Charging Scheme 2024.”

The resolution was not approved.

Resolution 5:

"In addition to the RIPE NCC Charging Scheme adopted in Resolution 3, the General Meeting adopts an extra charge of EUR 500 per accepted transfer request as an integral part of the Charging Scheme 2024.”

The resolution was not approved.

Resolution 6:

"The General Meeting adopts the amendments to RIPE NCC Standard Service Agreement.”

The resolution was approved.

Executive Board Election:

The following three candidates were elected to the RIPE NCC Executive Board:
Raymond Jetten
Maria Häll
Harald A. Summa

A full voting report is available at:
https://www.ripe.net/participate/meetings/gm/meetings/may-2023/voting-report

Congratulations to Raymond, Maria and Harald on their election to the RIPE NCC Executive Board. And I would like to extend my sincere thanks to outgoing Board member Christian Kaufmann for his dedication and hard work over the past 12 years.

My appreciation as well to all members who contributed to the important discussions and voted at the GM.

Kind regards,

Hans Petter Holen
Managing Director
RIPE NCC