[cfarm-users] gcc110 /home is now 98% full

Martin Guy martinwguy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 20:09:42 CET 2024

Il 07/03/24 18:29, Segher Boessenkool ha scritto:
> Clean up after yourself! You should have been taught that in
> kindergarten already ;-)

One from the archives :)

-------8<-------------------------------

To: mg at ukc.ac.uk
Subject: look
Date: 15 Nov 88 09:27:16 GMT (Tue)
From: Stuart Plant <sgp at uel.uel.co.uk>

I thought I'd share this with you.
Love, stu

                    ALL I EVER NEEDED TO KNOW

    Most of what I really need to know about how to live, and what
    to do, and how to be, I learned in kindergarten.  Wisdom was not
    at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sandbox
    at nursery school.

    These are the things I learned: Share everything.  Play fair. Don't
    hit people.  Put things back where you found them.  Clean up your
    own mess.  Don't take things that aren't yours.  Say your sorry when
    you hurt somebody.  Wash your hands before you eat.  Flush. Warm
    cookies and cold milk are good for you.  Live a balanced life. Learn
    some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play
    and work every day some.

    Take a nap every afternoon.  When you go out into the world, watch
    for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.  Be aware of wonder.
    Remember the little seed in the plastic cup.  The roots go down and
    the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are
    all like that.

    Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the
    plastic cup -- they all die.  So do we.

    And then remember the book about Dick and Jane and the first word
    you learned, the biggest word of all: LOOK.  Everything you need
    to know is in there somewhere.  The Golden Rule and love and basic
    sanitation, ecology, and politics and sane living.

    Think of what a better world it would be if we all -- the whole
    world -- had cookies and milk about 3 o'clock every afternoon and
    then lay down with our blankets for a nap.  Or if we had a basic
    policy in our nation and other nations to always put things back
    where we found them and clean up our own messes.  And it is still
    true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world, it
    is best to hold hands and stick together.

                                            - Robert Fulghum