[tetaneutral] Fwd: Battlemesh v12 à Paris -- 8-14 juillet 2019

Matthieu Herrb matthieu at herrb.eu
Sat Mar 23 16:21:56 CET 2019

----- Forwarded message from Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> -----

Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 16:00:12 +0100
From: Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org>
To: membres at lists.ffdn.org
Subject: [membres-FFDN] Battlemesh v12 à Paris -- 8-14 juillet 2019

Bonjour,

Nous sommes très heureux de pouvoir organiser le Battlemesh en France
cette année !  Nous allons essayer d'orienter l'événement sur les sujets
qui nous tiennent à coeur (réseaux radio, mais aussi comment organiser une
communauté, c'est quoi les enjeux politiques et financiers, la fiiiibre,
etc).

Nous attendons 50 à 100 personnes qui viennent de partout dans le monde
(freifunk, guifi.net, mais aussi Altermundi en Argentine, des communautés
aux US, et bien d'autres)

Nous comptons donc sur chacun et chacune d'entre vous pour venir
représenter votre asso et la fédé, et surtout rencontrer plein de gens
intéressants !  Venez nombreux et n'hésitez pas à proposer des
présentations ou des ateliers.

Aube, Daniele, Baptiste, Vi

The Wireless Battle Mesh v12
Building community networks for fun and non-profit
8th - 14th of July 2019, Paris, France

The upcoming 'Wireless Battle of the Mesh' event will take place from Mon 8th
- Sun 14th of July in "Le 6B" in Saint-Denis, near Paris.

The event aims to bring together people from across the globe who are
interested in community networks,including wireless mesh network technologies,
fiber infrastructure, Do-It-Yourself Internet Access Providers, and more
generally how to create and maintain a thriving community of people involved
in building their own networks.

This year, we would like to expand the topics beyond wireless, with a dual
focus on fiber and community.

We envision 7 days full of expert presentations, practical workshops,
late-night hacking sessions, and fruitful discussions:
whether you are a mesh networking enthusiast, community networking activist,
protocol developer, or have an interest in networking in general, come and
join us!

Continuously updated information about the event:
https://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV12

Location
========

Our location for the main event is "Le 6B", 6-10 quai de Seine, 93200
Saint-Denis, France.

GPS: geo:48.93835,2.34259
Map: https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=48.93835&mlon=2.34259#map=18/48.93835/2.34259
Web: https://www.le6b.fr/

The location is at a 5-10 minutes walk from the "Saint-Denis" railway station
on the "RER D" line or "Train H",
easily accessible from the center of Paris. Make sure to buy a ticket for
"zone 3".

The closest airports are "Paris Charles de Gaulle" and "Paris Orly", both 45
minutes away by public transportation.
Another option is the "Paris Beauvais" airport, located 2h15 away from the
event by public transportation.

Accommodation Offering
to include a 6 nights for a price range around 200€.

Registration
============

The event is *free of charge* and registration is optional - but it makes the
organisation much easier if you tell us in advance that you plan to come.

To register, please send an email to v12 at battlemesh.org with the following
content:

########
Subject: Registration

Name and/or Nick
Date of arrival / departure
Accommodation package: [Yes/No]
T-Shirt Size: [S/M/L/none, man/woman]
Other details you want to share: (e.g. community, country, URLs, twitter or
mastodon handle, dietary restrictions, ...)
Do you agree to appear on the public list of participants?
Are you applying for a travel scholarship? (see below)
########

We will then put your name (if you agree) on the public participants list:
http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV12/Participants

Travel Scholarships
===================

Thanks to our sponsors, we have the opportunity to provide some Travel
Scholarships to compensate the costs of a long distance flight to Paris and
back. If you want to apply,please explicitly tell us soin the registration
mail. We will then ask you to prepare a short video message in which you are
giving a brief introduction to yourself andyour interests.
Please also provide the location from which you will be coming from, and an
estimation of the travel costs (flight to Paris and back).

Call for talks / workshops
======================

We invite participants to propose workshops, talks or other events.

We welcome contributions that broadly address the question of community
networks from any of several perspectives:
technical, organisational, economical, regulatory, juridical.  Example topics:

 * Wireless Community Networks

 * Community Networks that deploy Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) networks

 * TV white space as a precious network resource (radio spectrum)

 * Free hardware and free software for Community Networks

 * How to organize a durable community structure?

 * How to involve non-technical people? To "digital stewardship" and
   beyond?

 * How to disseminate the spirit of community networks, knowledge etc?

 * Connecting rural areas: challenges and solutions

 * Public fiber networks: architecture, funding, private actors
   involved, oversight

 * Internet of Things (IoT) networks and their impact on society

 * How to take advantage of a community network in ways otherwise not
   possible? What are the applications?

 * Local Internet Exchange Points (IXPs) as a common infrastructure

 * DNS as a common infrastructure?

Deadline for submitting a proposal: 6th May.

To submit a proposal, send us an email (v12 at battlemesh.org) with the
template below.
All information you give us will be made publicly available in the schedule,
unless explicitely specified otherwise.

########
Subject: Event proposal[e.g. conference, workshop, panel discussion, ...]

Name and/or nick
Optional affiliation: community, country, employer...
Event title
Type of event [talk / workshop / recurring workshop / panel discussion /
other]
Duration [30 min or 1h for talks, anything you want otherwise]
Frequency [for recurring event]
Preferred date / constraint
Any required equipment (other than a projector)

Summary (about 200 words)
########

Spread the Word
===============

Please help us spreading the word by forwarding this announcement to all
lists and people that might be interested. Blogging about it is also
very appreciated, and if you do so, please add a ping-back to the wiki page:
https://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV12

The Local Organization Team
Aube
Daniele