[cfarm-users] New Solaris 11.4 hosts (x86 and SPARC)

Bruno Haible bruno at clisp.org
Tue Mar 26 01:21:33 CET 2024

> We are pleased to announce the availability of two new machines, cfarm215
> and cfarm216. They run the latest Solaris 11.4 SRU (Support Repository
> Update). The first one is based on a recent Intel x86 CPU, while the
> second one is based on a SPARC T8-1 CPU.

Thanks a lot for these machines!

> Basic development packages are installed from the Solaris support
> repository.

Unfortunately, the /opt/developerstudio12.6/bin/cc compiler on these
machines is a bit of a joke^H^H^H^Hjerk. It cannot compile packages that
use GNU obstacks:

In 32-bit mode:
$ cc -c i32.c
"i32.c", line 61: internal compiler error: ir_process_arrloc_tree: bad arrloc tree
cc: acomp failed for i32.c

In 64-bit mode:
$ cc -m64 -c i64.c
"i64.c", line 61: internal compiler error: ir_process_arrloc_tree: bad arrloc tree
cc: acomp failed for i64.c

Fortunately gcc is present (and clang as well).

Bruno