[cfarm-users] cfarm105/cfarm106 planned upgrade July 28th

Zach van Rijn me at zv.io
Mon Jan 8 03:47:56 CET 2024

 ---- On Sat, 29 Jul 2023 13:26:37 -0500  Zach van Rijn via cfarm-users  wrote ---
 > On Fri, 2023-07-28 at 17:04 -0500, Zach van Rijn via cfarm-users
 > wrote:
 > >
 > > I have several spares (from the T3-2) that I think will work
 > > and will try them tomorrow.
 >
 > Not compatible.
 >
 > Took it out for repair and will order new risers. Hopefully
 > squared away in the next two weeks otherwise it'll have to wait
 > until early September.

Some positive news after an unrelenting stream of issues.

I'll be setting up a T5-2 to replace the T4-2, then have to reinstall
cfarm105/cfarm106, and may or may not be able to restore an old
backup of cfarm105 (formerly gcc102). I don't have the Solaris data.
The machine is performant and has adequate resources to be useful.

This will happen next week.

cfarm103 did not survive a reboot tonight after a software upgrade,
so I will also look into that next week as well. Likely trivial.

In theory, we will have some fancy new riscv64 hardware next week
at long last, but that will take some time (weeks) to set up and make
arrangements for hosting.

Sorry for all the delays. Murphy had a productive 2023.