[cfarm-users] Aging inactive cfarm users?

Martin Guy martinwguy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 14:11:41 CEST 2024

Il 14/04/24 13:46, Jonathan Wakely via cfarm-users ha scritto:
> On Sun, 14 Apr 2024, 12:15 Baptiste Jonglez via cfarm-users,
> <cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:
>
>     On 09-04-24, David Malcolm via cfarm-users wrote:
>     > I was wondering if the compile farm has any policies/procedures for
>     > aging out long-dormant users (to minimize exposure in case of stolen
>     > credentials).
>
>     Good question.  We have no such policy currently.

I don't see any advantage, other than saving a little disc space, but
probably little.

It's no more likely that someone who's not used the compile farm in a
while would have their keys copied unknown to them than it is that an
active user's keys could be compromised, in fact less, and anyone
wanting to abuse the compile farm only has to ask for an account, so the
probability that there is at least one user with other interests than
may not be in line with the terms of use is as close to 1 as a floating
point number can resolve.

Aging inactive users against account deletion :)