[cfarm-users] Planned maintenance/reinstallation of cfarm45 (gcc45) + unavailibity of cfarm23/22/24

Aymeric mulx at aplu.fr
Thu Dec 14 13:46:57 CET 2023

Hello,

We (from tetaneutral.net) after a short discussion with cfarm admin are
going to reinstall gcc45 to a latest Debian 12.

We will also change the hardware to a new "more recent" hardware than
the current AMD Athlon II, likely it an Intel i5-4570 or similar
generation Intel core we do have in spare.

That will still be a Intel x86 OS and not an amd64/x86_64.

If the current hard drive of gcc45 survive (it has about 110255 hours of
uptime) it will be connected/mounted somewhere so you can grab your data.

In the same time:

- cfarm22 board is probably dead, we will give a look if it's easy
fixable but at first glance it looks like a hardware issue.
- cfarm23 will not be available while we reinstall gcc45 because the
home directory is shared with gcc45.
- cfarm24 we will try to reinstall a new debian mipsel, the previous
test in 2020 resulted in a board unusable because something rendered the
board really slow (OS/kernel config issue).

I can not give an exact date but it will during the last week of this
year, so between Xmas and Eve.

Aymeric.