[cfarm-users] Is it possible to install gdb on Solaris gcc211

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 23 09:11:53 CET 2022

Hi Jara,

> Am 19.11.2022 um 22:21 schrieb Jaroslav Fojtik via cfarm-users <cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net>:
> I would like to get a callstack from my program.
> there is no gdb on gcc211.

There is now gdb installed from OpenCSW and also from the Oracle repository:

gcc-solaris11# /usr/bin/gdb -v
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.11".

gcc-solaris11# /opt/csw/bin/gdb -v
Exception caught while booting Guile.
Error in function "make_objcode_from_file":
bad header on object file: "GOOF----BE-4-2.0"
/opt/csw/bin/gdb: warning: Could not complete Guile gdb module initialization from:
/opt/csw/share/gdb/guile/gdb/boot.scm.
Limited Guile support is available.
Suggest passing --data-directory=/path/to/gdb/data-directory.

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.10
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.10".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word“.

Just let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards

— Dago