[cfarm-users] GCC110 /tmp usage

Christopher Sean Morrison brlcad at mac.com
Fri May 27 21:04:06 CEST 2022

Just wanted to send out a heartfelt apology to anyone affected on GCC110 today.

I do a lot of BRL-CAD development testing on compile farm servers; GCC110 and POWER servers are a particular favorite.  One of BRL-CAD's integration tests that evaluates large file behavior was crashing and leaving /tmp full, unbeknownst to me until David E. rightfully scolded me for filling up /tmp.  We’ll have to work on putting in some more/better safeguards to prevent that from happening again.

Regardless, I do apologize to anyone detrimentally impacted.  I do monitor usage as BRL-CAD is a large codebase and it’s super easy to fill disks simply by compiling, but this one got past me.  Compile farm is an awesome resource that requires shared responsibility.  Thank you to the admins that keep operations running smoothly.

Cheers,
Sean