[cfarm-users] [cfarm-announces] New Loongson 3A5000 machines: gcc400 and gcc401

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Jan 8 23:09:46 CET 2022

Hi!

On Sat, Jan 08, 2022 at 07:54:33PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Jan 08 2022, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>
> > For example, that en_US.UTF-8 (as it is on Mac OS) will not work on most
> > Linux systems, which use en_US.utf8 instead.
>
> en_US.UTF-8 works perfectly well on glibc.  In fact, that's the
> preferred spelling.

Ah, I see.

Some recent Mac OS update turned on the terminal "set locale environment
variables on startup" to "on" by default, which made most cfarm machines
try to set them on ssh shells.  But Mac OS in fact uses just "UTF-8"
(for me anyway), no language, no region.  And Linux complains about
that.

And "locale -a" only lists *.utf8 on Linux, which confused me.

Thanks,

Segher