[cfarm-users] Missing command "ar" on gcc210

Jaroslav Fojtik Jafojtik at yandex.com
Sat Dec 17 20:49:12 CET 2022

Hi Bruno & all others,

> As can be seen from
>   https://gitlab.com/ghwiki/gnow-how/-/wikis/Platforms/Configuration
> on some platforms, you need to adjust PATH before starting to compile anything.
>
> In particular, on Solaris 10, you need to have /usr/ccs/bin in PATH.

It is interesting that "ar" could be executed on gcc211 without any problem.
So I have expected that gcc210 is misconfigured.

-----------------------

>use 'gar' instead?
>$ gar
>Usage: gar [emulation options] [-]{dmpqrstx}[abcDfilMNoPsSTuvV]
>[member-name] [count] archive-file file...
>       gar -M [<mri-script]

I can improve configure script to look for a "gar" when "ar" is not available.
I have not noted that this could even occur.

>In particular, on Solaris 10, you need to have /usr/ccs/bin in PATH.
This should be a responsibility of anybody who attempts to compile my package.
I can drop a line to manual.

thanks
   Jara