[cfarm-users] New OS requirements on the farm?

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Thu Apr 7 22:46:37 CEST 2022

Hello,

We will soon have to migrate some of the existing x86_64 machines at
OSUOSL, and we can choose the OS on the new machines.

What OS would be useful to add to the farm?  We will most likely provide
Debian and CentOS, but are there other needs not well covered by the farm?
CentOS stream? 8 or 9? Rocky? Fedora? Arch Linux? Debian testing?

Please be specific regarding versions (CentOS in particular can quickly
get confusing).  Also, it would be useful to know if you need a particular
OS only for lightweight tasks, or rather for heavy building/testing of big
projects.

Thanks,
Baptiste