[cfarm-users] Max UDP dgram size on M1 machine (gcc304)

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Wed Mar 24 16:39:10 CET 2021

On 2021-03-20 14:51, CFarm Annoucements via cfarm-announces wrote:
> We are happy to announce the availability of a new MiniMac M1 (with
> Apple-Silicon arm64 cpu architecture).

Hi!

Thanks for making this machine available.

On Mac OS, there are, by default, bizarre restrictions on IP datagram
sizes
in the protocol stack.

Would it be possible to put this configuration into effect:

    sysctl -w net.inet.udp.maxdgram=65535

or something similar, if that doesn't work on the M1?

(In a persistent way that surives reboots.)

I have a test case involving UDP that works on numerous platforms, the
oddball being MacOS, where I have to do the above.