[cfarm-users] Trouble with new Apple Mac M1

Pierre Muller pierre at freepascal.org
Tue Mar 23 17:58:01 CET 2021

   It seems that nohup and screen do not work of gcc304.

muller at GCC-Farm-MiniMac bin % nohup ./darwin64-fpctrunkup.sh &
[1] 63736
muller at GCC-Farm-MiniMac bin % appending output to nohup.out

[1]  + exit 127   nohup ./darwin64-fpctrunkup.sh
muller at GCC-Farm-MiniMac bin %
muller at GCC-Farm-MiniMac bin % cat nohup.out
nohup: can't detach from console: Undefined error: 0

  Switching to homebrew bash did not help.

   Likewise screen never displays a 'new' console
and seems to get stuck somewhere.
   ^C does not work, ^Z does,
which finally allowed me to kill the screen process...

   Any ideas what is wrong?

   I had a second question:

   Are executables randomized in memory?

   I tried o use objdump to find the location of a crash
stack trace, but the addresses do not seem to correspond to anything...

Any help welcome.

Pierre