[cfarm-users] Nvidia Jetson AGX Xavier in beta access (gcc80)

Andy Polyakov appro at openssl.org
Mon Apr 19 14:35:53 CEST 2021

Hi,

> Let me know if there's something interesting to do with this GPU and if it
> requires specific libs.

Yes, I can run simple CUDA program. According to strace the application
opened following /dev entries read-write:

/dev/l3cache
/dev/nvhost-ctrl-gpu
/dev/nvmap
/dev/nvhost-prof-gpu
/dev/nvhost-ctrl

Note no /dev/nvram. /dev/nvram is not world-writable on x86_64, and I
suppose it's appropriate to limit access to it. I don't actually know
what one can do with it, but it might be worth remembering that Jetson
GPU doesn't have own memory, it's shared-memory arrangement, and one can
wonder if one can trick /dev/nvram into reading arbitrary system memory
location. I suppose it's better to limit access to it, just in case. For
reference, debugger doesn't appear to require access to /dev/nvram. As
for /dev/tegra, those are not used by CUDA, and I don't know what harm
one can cause by trashing them.

Cheers.

[Just in case for reference. It's not a problem to compile CUDA program
on another computer, and it's even possible to cross-compile for ARM.]