[cfarm-users] RISC-V emulated systems available in BETA

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sat Nov 21 11:03:02 CET 2020

On 21-11-20, Christian Jullien wrote:
> Woah!
> It's very cool to have a working and up to date Debian Risc-V emulated
> directly accessible form Web. It's really nice to have both gcc and clang.

Nice to hear :)  Btw, it's only possible because lots of work has been
invested on the Debian side to have a working port: https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V

> X-mas comes earlier this year it was near the top on my wish list (A RPI
> like fueled with a Risc-V is still on top).

Speaking of Christmas, in case somebody has 600 € to spare for the new
SiFive HiFive Unmatched board...

https://eu.mouser.com/new/sifive/sifive-hifive/
https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/SiFive/HF105-000?qs=zW32dvEIR3vHEV%2FPYYkdMA%3D%3D

There's also a RPI-like board but it's really expensive and less
suitable for the farm:

https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/10/30/polarberry-compact-linux-capable-risc-v-fpga-sbc-som/

> Many thanks.
>
> I've just compiled the wonderful Tiny CC compiler (I modestly contribute) on
> it and it works like a charm.
>
> Are you planning a Risc-V 32 port the same way?

Debian explicitly doesn't support RISCV32:

  https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V#What_are_the_goals_of_this_project_in_particular.3F

RISCV32 is mostly targeted at embedded applications, so it's supported
by buildroot & other similar projects.

Thanks for the feedback,
Baptiste