[cfarm-users] GCC 10.10.2 on POWER8

David Edelsohn dje.gcc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:43:52 CET 2020

What does GCC 10.10.2 mean?  There is no GCC 10.10.2 release.  Do you
mean GCC 10.2?

There are no Power systems in the GNU Compile Farm running Debian,
only CentOS and Fedora.

GCC for PPC64LE defaults to Power8, so there should be no illegal
instructions.  Is the Debian system running a correct version of the
Linux kernel for Power8?  There could be some sort of an unaligned
access or other special situation with a Power8 instruction that the
Debian  kernel is not sufficiently recent or missing a patch to handle
the fixup.

Thanks, David