[cfarm-users] PowerPC 32 bit abi on gcc110.fsffrance.org

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Mon Sep 9 23:31:21 CEST 2019

On 2019-09-09 14:16, Bruno Haible via cfarm-users wrote:
> Paulo César Pereira de Andrade wrote:
>>   When testing on gcc110.fsffrance.org I got confused as there were no
>> function descriptors, and the float abi to call varargs functions did
>> not match.
>
> Indeed, function descriptors are a difference between the ABIs as well:

Interesting. All this explains the proliferation of code in libffi:

https://github.com/libffi/libffi/tree/master/src/powerpc

Good to know.

What I'm now wondering is whether my context saving/restoring assembly
code for PPC has any ABI "gotcha" in it. I've only tested in on the
above
gcc110 machine.

http://www.kylheku.com/cgit/txr/tree/jmp.S#n238