[cfarm-users] PowerPC 32 bit abi on gcc110.fsffrance.org

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 22:47:45 CEST 2019

  Sorry if a dumb question.

  Just testing for hopefully soon new release of GNU Lightning, I noticed
now when building with -m32 it appears to have a different abi that I
could not find any description searching on google; probably I did not
search enough..

  If I recall correctly, previously it did work almost identically to
the 64 bit abi, but last time I tested powerpc 32 bit abi was like 2
years ago, still on gcc110.fsfrance.org. Previously I believe it had
Fedora installed, now it is a recent/updated CentOS 7.

  It does not define _CALL_ELF, and is very close to _CALL_ELF == 2. With
minor changes to lightning, all integer operations work as long as not
involving varargs functions. On some quick checks could not understand
the changes to varargs and float registers.

  If you can, please give me some hints of a description of the abi.

  In the meantime I will check gcc and binutils sources to see what I
can figure.

  Thanks!
Paulo