[cfarm-users] gcc110 nearly out of disk space in /tmp/ (94% full, 115MB free)

Peter Bortas bortas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 11:12:20 CET 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 9:02 AM Martin Guy via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:

> To make this less likely to happen in future (or, at least, be
> self-repairing!) an admin could add
>
> find /tmp -type f -mtime +1 -exec rm {} \;
> find /tmp/* -type d -empty -exec rmdir {} \;

That would at least require some extra thought. Deleting all empty
directories regardless of how old they are would open up for races
between this cronjob and scripts making temp directories.

Deleting all slightly old files might interfere with long running
interactive logins, if anyone is doing those. The only thing I can
think of off the top of my head is ssh user-agent files though, and I
doubt anyone will be forwarding or setting up their agent on the gccX
machines.

But other than that it sounds like a good idea.

Regards,
--
Peter Bortas