[cfarm-users] Call for help: setting up virtual machines in the farm

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Mon Sep 24 23:46:25 CEST 2018

Hi,

We used to have virtual machines on gcc76, but we lost them when the disk
failed.

Now that we have the Open Compute machines with 144 GB of RAM, we have the
hardware resources to setup lots of new virtual machines (for old releases
of Ubuntu/Debian, various BSD, more exotic distributions, etc).

Ideally we should make sure that the VMs survive when hardware fails
(either DRBD-style clustering on two farm machines, or just an automated
setup to quickly reinstall new VMs)

If somebody wants to step up on this project, it's an easy way to start
contributing to the farm!

Baptiste