[cfarm-users] CPU speeds of GCC135?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:55:57 CET 2018

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 8:28 AM Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I want to run some benchmarks on GCC135, which is the ppc64-le machine
> with Power9 hardware.
>
> /proc/cpuinfo is showing me some suspiciously low numbers, like 2166
> MHz. I'm guessing the machine is closer ot 3 GHz and probably higher.
> (GCC119 is 4.1 GHz).
>
> Does anyone know what the nominal and max CPU speeds are?

Thanks everyone.

The initial benchmarks are kind of flat when using 3.8 GHz as the
frequency. I think the problem is, we are not working the machine hard
enough so the cpu's are reluctant to move from a low energy state.

For us, the benchmarks are boring vectorized algorithms. They are not
multi-core or computationally intense like mathematical modeling.

Jeff