[cfarm-users] Migrate away from openSUSE 42 on gcc118

CM Graff cm0graff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:39:48 CET 2018

Hey everyone,

Moving away from opensuse seems like an alright idea. But in my
opinion it would be better to have hardware running 1> distributions
that offer alternatives to systemd like gentoo. 2> distributions
running musl or uclibc like alpine or gentoo. Testing on musl and
uclibc offers a very rich set of possibilities for exploring POSIX
compliance. I'd also be open to the idea of freebsd, netbsd and
openbsd (respectivly) running on real hardware as these also offer
good control environments to help ensure POSIX compliance. As neat as
opensuse and fedora are,  I prefer to do my glibc based operating
system testing on debian or its derivative ubuntu.

These (debian, ubuntu, gentoo, alpine, freebsd, netbsd and openbsd)
are my intended targets for my arbitrary precision mathematics library
arbitraire (https://github.com/hlibc/arbitraire) and hlibc
(https://github.com/hlibc/hlibc) my standard C library implementation.

Graff

May there be peace and love to all of the peoples of our sacred earth
such that we have clarity to explore mathematics and science together,

cm0graff at gmail.com