[cfarm-users] Please cleanup your /home on farm machines

David Edelsohn dje.gcc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 17:15:53 CET 2018

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Segher Boessenkool via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 03:05:48PM +0100, Martin Guy via cfarm-users wrote:
>> find /home \( \
>>         \( -name '*.o' -a \! -atime +7 \) \
>
> I veto this 400%.  People have valuable .o files, and this is not very
> effective anyway (other files take up more space).

I agree with Segher.

Automatically deleting files is completely unacceptable and contrary
to the purpose of the GNU Compile Farm.  The Compile Farm requires
that users are considerate of each other and the shared resources that
are provided gratis.

We can determine the users consuming the largest amount of diskspace
and request that they delete it.  The Compile Farm is a privilege, not
a right.  Users who consume an excessive amount of diskspace (or CPU)
and don't respond to requests to clean up politely should be told to
find other resources for their project.

Thanks, David