[cfarm-users] Please cleanup your /home on farm machines

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 21:38:38 CET 2018

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 6:17 AM, Baptiste Jonglez via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Let's start the new year with a positive action for the compile farm: home cleanup!
>
> The farm machines with the most critical disk usage are:
>
> - gcc110 (99% used out of 1.6 TB)
> - gcc20  (98% used out of 826 GB)
> - gcc13  (95% used out of 459 GB)
> - gcc112 (92% used out of 1.8 TB)
> - gcc16  (85% used out of 459 GB)
>
> Please check each of these machines: if you have unused data in your home
> directory, it should be deleted!

I can't speak for others, but I would not mind being subject to a
script that removes temporary object files that are over N days old.
In fact I would welcome it because I am forgetful at times.

I don't know how long a "log running" job is for some users. Maybe you
can exclude users who are logged in, and clean objects that meet
criteria for the rest.

Jeff